The Duggars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know how I feel about the Duggars thread

4 posters

Go down

I don't know how I feel about the Duggars thread Empty I don't know how I feel about the Duggars thread

Post  Admin Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:12 pm

If you don't kow how you feel about the Duggars and just want to chat about how your thoughts!

Admin
Admin

https://duggar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I don't know how I feel about the Duggars thread Empty Re: I don't know how I feel about the Duggars thread

Post  wenonah4th Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:06 pm

really dumb question, but what's the significance of "sticky" in the thread titles?

wenonah4th

Back to top Go down

I don't know how I feel about the Duggars thread Empty Re: I don't know how I feel about the Duggars thread

Post  Emma78 Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 am

The sticky is used when a topic is meant not to move to the bottom of the pile. Like bigger news or rules people must follow. By doing the sticky a person can find important threads or info fast and not have to dig through all other topics

Emma78
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wenonah4th Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Ah, now it makes sense. Sorry to be OT

wenonah4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma78 Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:20 pm

no problem thats what I'm here for. So do you not know how you feel baout the Duggars? or do you like or dislike them?

Emma

Emma78
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wenonah4th Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm pretty much pro. There are certain things, theological and practical, that I don't agree with them about, but let's be fair here: when you know a family (of any size) in real life, you probably don't agree with them on every possible point where it even remotely matters. You might argue, or agree to disagree, but you definitely don't agree with them on everything. There are inherent reasons that I'd not agree w/ the Duggars about everything; they're Baptist and we're PResbyterian, so right there are some doctrinal differences. But basically I like them and admire them.

wenonah4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma78 Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:46 am

yes I think the religion aspect is hard for some to understand and relate to

Emma78
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wenonah4th Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:26 pm

I wouldn't exactly say that; I'm a Christian, and a pretty conservative one at that. But there are medium-to-large differences between the specifics of beliefs held by (in this case) Baptists and Presbyterians, over such things as church government, what age people should be when they're baptised, and alcohol. Also, I don't know how to say this without being a little smug-sounding, but Presbyterians tend a little more toward the intellectual than Baptists...our sermons might sound a trifle more academic! Secular people might see a very large family of Presbyterians a little differently than they do the Duggars.

wenonah4th

Back to top Go down

Post  quidam65 Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:39 pm

I will agree that I have mixed feelings about the Duggars.

As far as their religious views, I'm quite familiar with the teachings of Bill Gothard and have had many dealings with his followers. I have experienced severe spiritual injury as a result of my dealings with this cult-like organization and personally have no use for it (though living debt free is, as a practical matter, a good thing to do, especially in these troubled economic times).

But the Duggars (at least what I see on TV) appear to be normal (except, of course, for their large family size). Most Gothardites would never agree to appear on any secular TV program (as TV is a serious evil in Gothardism, to be avoided substantially if not completely), much less be the feature of several TV specials and now their own reality show.

And let's give Jim Bob this much--he's had all 18 kids with one woman, and they were married before Josh was conceived (unlike your average NFL or NBA superstar, where the number of kids may be comparable but the kid to mom ratio approaches 1:1, i.e., nine kids by nine women, and the number of marriages approaches zero). They aren't asking the government (translated, the taxpayer) to subsidize their growing brood.

I would like to see them repudiate the rotgut that is Gothardism. But that may be asking too much. What is working for them has worked well through 17 kids, and soon to be 18, so maybe at this point the change would be too dramatic.

quidam65

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down